We would like to start with few facts before we explain you what SEO is and how it would be useful for your corporate website or blog.
• There are over 12 billion searches being performed each month as of Jan 2009 that means approx. 400 million online searches are performed everyday!
• 36% of total online users agree that “company’s website listed among the top results on a search engine makes us think that the company is a top player within the specific domain”.
We are sure that you now have understood why it is necessary to rank your website high on popular search engines. If applied SEO wisely, you get targeted traffic to your website.
SEO Definition: Search Engine Optimization is fundamentally the set of processes, techniques and methodologies concentrated in improving “Organic Search” for a website.
You might be wondering what exactly “Organic Search” is. In order to understand it clearly, please refer to the following screenshot of Google Search Engine Result Page (SERP):
If you are listed on the first page of “Organic search” on world popular search engines, you definitely get tremendous traffic on your website. In order to list your website on the first page of any popular search engines, your website should not only be customer-centric but also be search engine-friendly.
The question is how your website can become search engine friendly. Simple, you need to apply thoughtful SEO procedures, techniques or strategies in making your website search engine friendly.
Making your website search engine friendly is a science and this science includes thousands of variables. Following are some of those variables which you can consider implementing on your website:
– Publish Fresh, compelling and relevant contents
– Create unique, simple and specific page titles.
– Make wise use of Meta “Keywords” and “Description” tags
– Implement uniform structure of URLs
– Make the website easy to navigate
– Make sure the website has no broken links also remove any unwanted links
– Smart use of Heading tags
– Optimize images being used on the website accompanied by proper use of alt tags
We will be publishing range of articles which can provide you detailed information on how you can reap the benefits of SEO. So stay tuned!
If SEO is not cup of your tea, we suggest that you take guidance from a professional SEO team like us. “We love what we do and we do it diligently.”